Ewww ... we feel creepy crawly just writing this post, but felt we should send out the "heads-up"

Our very mild Minnesota winter means ticks (and hookworms, and fleas, and more!) are out earlier this year, says Dr. John Baillie of Cedar Pet Clinic in Lake Elmo, MN.


 



What do you think about Dr.Baillie's advice ... do you use over-the-counter & Rx products to protect your pets, or do you prefer more "natural" methods of preventing these tiny critters from infecting our furry critters?

.

date Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 comments to “Ticks, Fleas, and Worms ... Oh, My!”

  1. FANCY the Red Standard Poodle
    March 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

    Hi Y'all,

    Livin' in the southeast where, especially at the shore where I spend a good part of the year, below freezing temps aren't that frequent and winters are very short my Minnesota standards, I'm on MultiAdvantage all year round. I'm never off.

    My Human used to swear by Frontline and the heartworm tab. However, my allergies prompted the change to MultiAdvantage. So far so good even on the tick front. (and believe me we have loads of ticks in the mountains).

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

  1. All God's Creatures Pet Services
    March 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

    Thanks, Hawk! Will check it out!

    ~Zena

Leave a Reply:

English France German Spain Italy Dutch Russia Brasil Japan Korea Arabic China