'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except a wild-eyed Boxer named Mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
Not knowing the fawn and furry Boxer would soon be there.

The Lab and Kitty cat were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of secret treasures danced in the Boxer's head.
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had no idea the Boxer was getting ready to pull all of this crap.

When downstairs I heard such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Down the stairs I flew like a flash,
But the Boxer had already tore open the presents and was having a bash.

He lay their proud of himself as he chewed the fake snow.
I looked back down at the damage below.
When, what to my tired eyes should appear,
But the Boxer had decided to get up and eat our plastic reindeer.

With a hint of innocence, he was so lively and quick,
I thought it was a dream and gave myself a prick.
More rapid than a bear, his terror had already came,
And I shouted and called him a few choice names.

"Now, Mouse! ... I asked him to listen, but off he went!
Around the house I chased him until I was totally bent!
To the top of the stairs! Around the wall!
He dashed away, dashed away ... like he was laughing at us all!

His eyes full of joy-- how they twinkled! How merry!
His cheeks puffed out from the mouth full of paper, me so mad I turned red like a cherry!
The drool from his mouth dripped down in a steady flow,
And his chin white with toy stuffing looked like snow.

The ornament he held tight in his teeth,
Was just a preview of the damage as he tore down the wreath.
Glancing up into the kitchen I seen the eaten Santa doll with the little round belly,
He even ate our Christmas grape jelly!

It was just so much to take in, a right jolly night itself,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.
With a wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon let me to know I had a lot more to dread.

He barked not a sound, but went straight to his work,
Ripped down all the stockings ...with one jerk,
And laying his paw aside his nose,
And giving a nod, up the Tree he rose.

He tore down the tree, making a sound almost like a whistle,
And down it came, breaking our crystal.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he ran out of sight ...
"WOO, WOO, WOO TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!"



date Monday, December 6, 2010

0 comments to “'Twas the night before Christmas ...”

Leave a Reply:

English France German Spain Italy Dutch Russia Brasil Japan Korea Arabic China